Monday, August 15, 2011

First Post

So here it goes . . . My first encounter with blogging is underway. . .

 I'm sure not many will read this; but it is as much a journal to keep up with my own climbing adventures and progress as it is for others' perusing. Entries will be about various things in my climbing life; from training methods to trip reports. 

A little background on myself: I have been climbing for about two years and absolutely love it. I am no mutant climber and was not able to pull V9s after a month of climbing. However, through borderline obsessive training and a whole lot of clippin bolts outside, I have been able to manage a route or two that has at least some degree of difficulty. I climb at the Circuit bouldering gym during the 9 months of depressing Portland rain each year and outdoors whenever it's nice.

Today, Jessi and I have departed on the 11 hour drive from Portland to Bozeman Montana. As of now, we have made it as far as the Hyundai dealership in Gresham. We are waiting for the mechanic to finish changing the oil in our vehicle so the trip can finally get started for real. The final destination is Ten Sleep Wyoming with the aim of pulling on some supposed great limestone pockets. I'll check back in with updates whenever service is available.

Here's a pretty picture to look at  compliments of Greg K

No comments:

Post a Comment